View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #308
CanYouRead
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

Short answer

Yes. Bat-ball-turf physics is world's class. The gameplay is organic and natural. No head scratching moments wondering if there is anything fishy is going on. Unfortunately, PYS/Jikkyou both doesn't have check swings and lack the variable strike zone. MLB the Show was my favorite game but both PYS/Jikkyou has dethrowned the Show. Playing even a minute of MLB the Show doesn't give me the same joy anymore; it feels more like a chore. PYS/Jikkyou is THE baseball game I've always wanted, and it delivers a grand slam.

Long answer

Yes but wait for other's opinion as well ... depending on what you're fed up with in the TheShow. If it makes any difference, MLBtheShow was my absolutely favorite game. It is what brought me back to gaming (my last console was the SNES) but I always had gripes about the game (lack of urgency fielding animations, headscratching errors out of the users control, terrible pitching animations, poor player models). Got a PS3 and PS4 strictly because of MLBtheShow. No comment on franchise mode because I haven't play that portion of the game.

Two things unfortunately both Pro Yakyuu Spirits/Jikkyou doesn't have is variable strike zone and check swings. Also, can you get over the cartoon player models in Jikkyou? Other than that, both games plays and feels like the much better baseball game.

PYS/Jikkyou. The bat-bat-turf physics is worlds class. Everything on the field of feels organic and natural. The animations are far more realistic and you have more control over the players. There are absolutely no head scratching moments that makes you question if there's something fishy or if there is a comeback code in place. Make an error and that's on completely on you. Nothing ever feels scripted. You're in control of what happens on the field. Commentary and stadium atmosphere feels much more lively.
Thanks for the feedback and I can easily get over the animated characters. I am all about gameplay and presentation. And MLB the SHow 16 is just frustrating this year. Too many nonchalant throws, no urgency whatsoever. Too many popups it is utterly ridiculous.

Edit: Difficulty finding the right one on Amazon. Has anyone bought anything from Play-Asia? I found it easier to find it on that site. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CanYouRead; 06-27-2016 at 07:48 PM.