View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
DeuceDouglas
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Gamesradar: 9 Things We Learned about Madden 17

Quote:
If that’s an augmentation aimed squarely at the hardcore Maddenite, the ability to only play a match’s crucial moments skews towards its most casual players. Want to whip through seasons doing nothing more than throwing touchdowns, kicking field goals and trying to sack the opposition QB inside his own five-yard line? The option is now there. Definitely not my cup of tea (or, rather, super-sized bottle of Gatorade), but I can see how it would appeal to the NFL fan who can’t differentiate a right guard from a shin guard.
Well put.

Quote:
...if you stick with the back-up in this scenario, he’ll get an XP boost to signify the faith you’ve shown in him.
I like that they've finally done something with injuries but I still don't like this part of it at all.

Quote:
“This year we went to the scouting combine, where the NFL says, ‘these are the top 300 players that everyone should care about.’ We went and we scanned every last one of them,” says Hoag – a former college lineman who’s now a senior member of Madden’s presentation team. “They’re ready to go in this year’s game.
Best part of the article. Hopefully they'll keep doing this every year. It's going to add a lot to have virtually every rookie scanned and in the game.

Pretty good article though. Couldn't help but chuckle at the bit about how it was clear they live for the idea of making Madden feel exactly like a TV broadcast but I actually do like how presentation has looked this year for the most part.