View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
RaychelSnr
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Twelve Questions for the Minds Behind EA Sports

GameInformer recently sat down with Cam Weber and Matt Bilbey to talk about the overall direction and future of EA Sports. Check out the full interview here, or read some select excerpts below.

On whether Ultimate Team will ever be its own game: "...taking our most engaged audience in the most competitive place to play Madden – which is really what it's become – segmenting those groups and pulling them out doesn't make sense."

On if we are going to see more sports titles on the PC: "PC is literally based on demand. There's still the high demand for FIFA on the PC globally because of the global appetite for the game. I think that's less so with Madden, but I think if that changes and an opportunity presents itself, I think we would definitely leverage the opportunity."

On will we see sports spin-off titles like NFL Head Coach again: "...a lot of those ideas we're looking at prototyping for the mobile business at the moment."

On the yearly release cycle being the best model for sports games: "I think that the strategy we have right now for our games, in the sports context, is the right one. Will that evolve and change in the future? I bet you anything that will, and we're trying to build our games in a way that at that point in time, that appetite's there, we can actually change our entire build to a 100% service if we need to."

On a return of NCAA Football: "We're very fortunate in that I have no idea what's going on with that. I can say, because I've spoken to Cam about it, it's a similar answer – the opportunity on mobile to test something and do something there is perhaps the one that's in nearer sight. But I don't keep up to speed with the legal wranglings of the NCAA conversations."

There are plenty of other tidbits from the two EA Sports guys on GameInformer, read everything they had to say and comment on what you think!
Advertisements - Register to remove