Old 07-16-2016, 10:47 AM   #4
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Some slider info from devs via SimFBcritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'll buy the slider/dice-roll thing as a primary effect.

Example 1:

I lower the user pass coverage slider and wide receivers are open more. The secondary effect is that the CPU attempts more deep balls as they 'read' more wide open receivers. So, the secondary effect is, in essence, a tendency.

Example 2:
I raise the holding slider and more holding occurs. Secondary effect - more 'sticky' lineplay.

Here's the thing...many sliders affect more than one attribute. WRC for example, affects the 'dice roll' for both route running and catching (and probably others). Some sliders have been rolled into another over the years...simply observing changing the fumble slider tells me that it is affecting more than the fumble dice roll....it affects other running back traits too (i.e. the old RBA slider). As you add more primary effects, you get more secondary effects and as such, the possible permutations become endless. Thus, slideritis becomes a thing.....

Right, and I'll add this to the dice roll thing. Changing the dice roll can change the animations seen as well, as well as their frequency. Best example, crank up facemask, now every tackle is a facemask animation instead of a normal tackle. So, it's still tricky, imo ☹️. From a dev perspective, it changes the dice roll, and that actually is great information to base things off of. But, there are going to be 'secondary' effects as said in this post, and what I am mentioning as well. For me, I always look at what animations are getting triggered (for sliders that u can see this effect best - (facemask, fumble, tackle, wr catch). When u increase the dice roll of these types of categories, u change the frequency of certain animations. This can dictate seeing a good/real game of football or not. And, the extra tricky thing here, of course, is that ALL of these things can be triggered on any play, or all of these dice rolls happen. That is why when u change one slider, u may disrupt some other function in the game that u had perfect, hence the slideritis that occurs for some every year. Now, I like where M16 was, and I didn't change sliders much, and am playing fantastic games, so I'm hoping for more of the same in M17. But, again, I like hearing this about the dice roll effect which totally makes sense from a programmatic standpoint, but if u mess with sliders, u gotta understand the secondary effects that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk