Old 07-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #38
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I don't believe the "audiences" between Madden and a video game like NBA2K are nearly as different as you think. My guess is they are pretty similar.
Whether there is crossover between the audiences is not the point. My point is that the general audiences for Madden / NBA / MLB isn't as knowledgable on what the NFL is and how it works as you, me, or anyone else here on this forum is. Authenticity alone doesn't move the needle for these people because they don't have knowledge of the real-life mechanic in question. You have to teach and engage these people on a different level.

If you aren't considering the perspective of someone who knows less than you when making a game, you aren't doing your job properly.

Quote:
Talk about different audiences and the appropriateness of comparisons. Why is it the audience is so different between Madden and NBA2K that a franchise comparison can't be made, yet games as different as Skylines have audiences similar enough to make comparisons?

NBA2K and The Show is proof that DoubleDueces CFM can be very successful in Madden.
Madden isn't special because it is a football video game, and there are certain components of video game design which are universal. If you want to argue that a video game doesn't need to engage its audience with engaging mechanics and strong feedback loops (which, to be clear, NBA 2K and MLB The Show both do this but in different ways), be my guest, but you voluntarily disqualify yourself from any serious conversation on this topic by doing so.

Quote:
I'm with ya DoubleDuece.

This isn't a "with you or against you" issue. What I offered was constructive criticism for Deuce to help him make his idea better from the perspective of someone who actually makes video games and gets paid for it. Whether he values that feedback, who knows, but forgive me for offering him feedback to help him make his good ideas better because I am not going to apologize for doing so.