Old 07-19-2016, 06:26 AM   #49
ednaaard
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If you want me to be real about it, with respect to my personal experience with NBA 2K (I have none with The Show) - no, NBA 2K's franchise mode does not work. I have never completed a single season of NBA 2K. In a single-player franchise setting I've never even reached the all-star break.

The mode doesn't hold me for that long because it is a slog and a grind through lots of games which don't individually feel important. Yes, the mode has all the authenticity nods in the world, and NBA 2K's franchise mode indeed has more authentic out-of-game mechanics than Madden does - be it Bird rights / player options / team options on contracts, player morale, more robust play injuries, owner media credibility, multi-team trades, summer leagues, presentation bells and whistles, I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other things - but what good are all those things if the game can't keep me engaged in the core experience long enough to finish even half a season? If I'm never touching these things, do they even exist? How valuable are these things if I never see them, really?
Well that's the element of playing 82 games in a season. Nothing is going to hold your attention for 82 games, it's un-realistic to believe anything ever would, no matter how detailed.

If 2k's detail was spread over NFL's 16 games...it would hold your attention for a lot longer, and you potentially would complete multiple seasons before getting bored.

(FYI, I'm not debating your points about audience and marketing of the game towards certain demographic.)