View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #4
ktd1976
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Problem with Playoff Roster and Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonefan84
Alright so I have a pretty big problem in my offline franchise. I had both Chris Archer and Steve Pearce get injured for a couple months in early August. I'm now about to start the playoffs, and both of these two players came off the DL in between the last day of the season and the start of my series in the playoffs, but the game will not put them on my team. I have 25 players but it won't let me take anyone off the playoff roster and it won't let me add anyone either. Just keeps saying both Archer and Pearce are on the DL (which they both are not anymore) and I can't do anything. Anyone know how to fix that?
I think there is something of an issue with the game. The problem is, they came off the DL AFTER the season ended, but before the playoffs.

As a rule of thumb, if you get an injury that happens before rosters expand in September, and that player will be healthy at some point during the playoffs, then take the player off the DL after rosters expand, but BEFORE the season ends. (you still won't be able to play him, but you will have the ability to call up a replacement without using the DL)

If an injury happens AFTER the rosters expand in September, do NOT put the player on the DL, unless the injury will last past the world series. Again, you don't need the roster space created by the DL stint.