View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
Coachjosh21
Rookie

OVR: 0
HoopKnights - 2k17 Custom Roster Collaboration Project

Roster makers unite! The goals are efficiency and quality. I see the roster forum littered with several people all working on off season rosters and it kills me knowing we could do so much more as a community. If we all worked together as one, 2016 off season rosters could have been done already and we'd be on our way to completing a 2016 Olympics Roster! My hope is we can bring together roster makers across all platforms to contribute to a project that will not only create better rosters, but more rosters to play with that go so far in depth, it's only possible with a large crew of basketball fanatics that are in love with the game.

We all know it takes time to determine ratings for hundreds of players. At best it's an estimate, at its worst, an arbitrary number that meddles with the fickle balance of 2k gameplay. Not to mention the redundancy of more than one person creating the same CAP! If we shared and collaborated, we could have so many more CAPS than we already have to create complete historic teams and more.

A group of roster makers has already been working together on a universal spreadsheet for 2k17 that will include every Cap face, attribute, tendency, sig, accessory etc. for every player that has set foot on an NBA court. Every applicable rating, tendency and badge is stat driven using SonicMage's data collecting program while subjective ratings will be scrutinized and tested in gameplay before being published as complete.

In less than 2 months we will have 2k17 in our hands ready to play! By End of September, we could be inputting numbers from a stat sheet for all platforms on a variety of roster projects including current season, specific past seasons, past playoffs, Olympics, all time best fantasy, all time best teams, past drafts, future drafts, fictional drafts, d league and more!

But we need more contributors. The time you spend on your own roster could be spent on a project bigger and better than one person could ever accomplish. If you specialize in one particular area like accessories but suck at other stuff like faces, that's still great! You can spend your time editing on exactly where your strengths lie.

I hope you're amped for 2k17 and all its new features. And I hope you decide to be part of this exciting collaboration!

1) Post here if you have questions or to declare what you would like to help with.
2) PM VizzyXV to get added on groupme, join our discussion and contribute to the spreadsheet.

Coach Josh

Last edited by Coachjosh21; 07-20-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove