View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 09:30 PM   #4
Ksearyback
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: I swear the full guard submissive triangle subbmission is the Most OP there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Not only is it as hard to block it as the broken rubber guard transition, it also finishes the fight instantly with both fighters having 100% stamina.

Specifically reffering to Demian Maia and Jackare Suza, finishing GSP and Rockhold with eas on the first min of the fight with em.

The gates appear too fast, despite both having 100% stamina and the submission spammer having spamemd it for 3-4 times in a row.

I hope it gets a nerf in the next patch. Stamina plays no part in how easy it is to submit someone with it.

Second gate switches to an armbar and the fight is over with 3 gates.
Just trying to be more realistic, I like the concern but disagree with the fix.

Honestly, stamina shouldn't really be all that directly linked to submission efficacy. Now on the flip side, I think submissions should be harder to initiate, and stamina SHOULD play a role in the initiation/denial battle.

I hope that makes sense. And just to make this more clear, if Maia or Jacare got anyone in a submission, it's getting finished even if it's in the beginning of a fight. However, in mma, it's not so easy to get it set up and locked in... And the delta in stamina between the two contestants should play a factor in the set up stage (just not the escape stage).

So maybe expand the denial window and place emphasis on how big the denial window is based on stamina. But I think once locked in, you should be toast against guys like that