View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 01:18 PM   #58
DrGravyBoat
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Road to Relevance ~ An FAU Owls Dynasty

OSU QB, J.W. Walsh Announces Desire to Transfer

(Walsh in a game last year against Houston)

J.W. Walsh wants to play.

After the Redshirt Sophomore lost the starting QB spot to Clint Clief, and dropped to 3rd in depth behind Redshirt freshman, Daxx Garman after a foot injury, he made the tough decision on Thursday.

"Oklahoma State will always hold a place in my heart. I grew up a Cowboys fan and have enjoyed the last 2 and a half years here, however after talking with my family it became apparent that the best thing for me was to transfer. I'd like to thank coach Mike Gundy and the entire Cowboys staff for my time here. I'd also like to thank my teammates and the fans, you guys made this one helluva ride."

He tore his Plantar Fasciitis last week in a game against Kansas State after Clint Clief headed to the sideline for a few plays after tweaking his oblique. He is not expected to miss any games.

When asked where Walsh considered transferring, he gave the media many answers and left it to them to figure it out.

"Well, obviously I haven't talked to any teams as of yet, but there's a few options I've thought about. I don't know if I'm allowed to name any names but I like some teams in the American, some C-USA teams, and I've contemplated the idea of going to another Power 5 conference. We'll see.

A speculated landing spot for J.W. Walsh is actually FAU. The Owls offensive Co-ordinator Brian Wright coached Walsh at Guyer High School. And with J.W.'s skill set, and the Owls offense it seems like a match made in heaven. However, the possibility of starting for a Power 5 conference team has to be alluring.

Walsh said earlier in the presser "I'll think and pray a lot about my decision but I know I'll make the right choice."

Hopefully, for Owls nation, the right choice is FAU.

Last edited by DrGravyBoat; 07-31-2016 at 01:22 PM.