Old 07-31-2016, 11:34 PM   #87
SyncereBlackout
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA vs. its fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This post was confusing for me, it seems you are suggesting they shouldn't add back real assistant/position coach positions until there is a brilliant idea for how to implement them. Not to be funny but if that were the bar for realism in any game, there would be minimal authenticity. It's logical to lay a realistic foundation that is basic and potentially is built into something brilliant over time.

The prior way those positions were handled in Madden had real NFL positions, real NFL coaches/coordinators by name, real players retiring in Franchise mode capable of coming back to coach, salaries, teams could poach from each others coaching pool as long as they were offering a better position/promotion and potential player ratings boosts, which is just from M12, M05 had even more stuff, all of which could be simmed/automated.

The obvious thing with your reference to Salary caps is it can simply be turned off or automated but it certainly shouldn't be scaled back universally. Yes a realistic complex contract structure wouldn't be something every gamer would want to directly deal with or maybe even have period and they wouldn't have to but it would exist for others. On the flip side if it's left out completely because of that, there is nothing there for others that want that. The former is clearly more inclusive than the latter and it baffles me when it's presented as somehow divisive.

Lastly the draft classes, you are mistaken, even the current player editing they have touted for M17, is not the same as custom draft classes. I won't go into specifics, there are plenty of threads that break that down. It's cool that you are ok with what is currently offered but again custom draft classes being in for others, doesn't tread on that.

I'm suggesting they should not add assistant coaches (something I've clamped for since forever) until there is a way to thoughtfully and dynamically implement them. Yes. It's not the bar for realism In a game, but IMO it is the minimum threshold for a quality realistic game. To be clear I was contrasting including assistant coaches (just because they exist IRL) vs including assistant coaches in a manner where their impact on the game is commensurate with their impact on teams IRL.

I see your point about building something brilliant over time. But I personally reject the approach of "just getting something out there" and fixing, patching, improving it once it's been (generally) prematurely released. A little more work upfront goes a long way. I'm ok with waiting several cycles for proper implementation.

I recall the functionality in the past. It was serviceable however may not necessarily translate to CFM currently given the focus on coach XP and "upgrades."

Fully editable rosters and custom draft classes are technically different but fundamentally the same. To me it's a chicken or egg. Only question is whether the edits happen before or after the draft. Since the CPU (assuming it's not a 32 man CFM) doesn't draft intelligently, there is no difference to me. If you could share draft classes like in previous madden games, well there I'll concede that's a huge game changer.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators