View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 04:21 PM   #1
jeremym480
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Offensive Lineman Injury Generator

I've been working on a OL Injury Generator and I figured I would share it to get some more ideas/feedback. This is mainly geared towards online franchises, but there's no reason you can use it for your team in offline franchises, as well. I've only added injuries for each teams starters because having a backup get injured doesn't really solve the problem of not having to worry about your offensive line depth.

* This spreadsheet would actually work much better in Excel, however I am using Google Spreadsheet since not everyone has Excel. With Google Spreadsheets you have to add an extra step of copy and pasting your list because (as far as I can tell) you can't turn of automatic calculations, so your list regenerates anytime you enter anything.

I think that this is fairly easy to understand, but I'll give a quick overview and hopefully it isn't too confusing. Really all you have to do is enter the week that you're in your injuries will automatically generate. That will give your number of injured players, who those players are, the number of weeks that they're out and a return week.

Important: Once you generate a list Copy it then Paste it off to the side, because if you change anything else, then a new list will be generated.

Also after you paste the list of to the side, then you can sort by what column that your return week is in and that will give you an easy list of when players can return. On this spreadsheet I only have 1-5 injuries and have injury length set at 1 to 8 weeks, but you can change that to you whatever amounts that you want. You can also choose whether your own injury frequency injuries to be weekly, bi-weekly, every 4 weeks, etc.
*I have every 4 weeks shown in my examples off to the right.

I think that's pretty much it for now. If you're somewhat familiar with excel, then it shouldn't be too difficult. Just go in and play with it and you'll be able to pick it up fairly easily. If you don't you Excel a lot, then this may be a little confusing at first, but if you have any questions I'll be happy to help you along.

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove