Old 08-16-2016, 09:00 AM   #9
sink4ever
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Starting my pitcher at DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
I though that if you pinch hit/run-whatever, for the DH, then the pitcher takes that spot the rest of the game?
I believe that's only if you move the DH to the field.

From the rules:

Quote:
The Designated Hitter named in the starting lineup must come to bat at least one time, unless the opposing club changes pitchers. It is not mandatory that a club designate a hitter for the pitcher, but failure to do so prior to the game precludes the use of a Designated Hitter for that game.

Pinch hitters for a Designated Hitter may be used. Any substitute hitter for a Designated Hitter himself becomes a Designated Hitter. A replaced Designated Hitter shall not re-enter the game in any capacity. The Designated Hitter may be used defensively, continuing to bat in the same position in the batting order, but the pitcher must then bat in the place of the substituted defensive player, unless more than one substitution is made, and the manager then must designate their spots in the batting order.
I'm not sure how it works in game, but according to the rules I think the DH in the original lineup has to bat once.