View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #5
TOmuch81
Rookie

TOmuch81's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 17 Impressions

Hey Everyone!

Just to clarify, I haven't played any CFM and I don't have time to post videos or pix of certain cleats, jerseys, player appearances, ETC. Just thought I'd give a few EARLY impressions of my 26 hours with Madden 17.

All of my game play has been on All-Pro and mainly in MUT and Play Now.

First off, the game looks a little better. Colors pop a bit more and there's also a contrast toggle in the settings, not sure if that was in last year.

The time they put into the game sounds paid off, at lease for me. It drastically needed to be rehauled and I'm glad they did. It's not prefect, but an improvement.
The QB cadences sound different to me, and no, they don't have every starting QB, from what I can tell. Romo, Brady, Rodgers all sound great.

Zone coverage has been improved in a big way and they play more realistically.

Props to EA for investing the time and money into the new commentary team! Gaudin and Charles Davis have a great dynamic and the banter flows much better than any other Madden has. I was really impressed with about the 10-15 games I've heard thus far. Only thing I noticed is that they will always question why you're kicking a FG to win a game and say it's only 2nd down or 3rd down, even with time expiring.

The running animations are a nice touch. They will take some getting used to but can be really rewarding.
The stiff arm is back!!!
A few game with Adrian Peterson I was able to get a beautiful animation and another 10-12 yards. It looks pretty sweet, but with that reward comes some risk. I've had quite a few fumbles with AP, Gio and Zeke Elliott. They don't have high carry ratings, but I was also holding R1 and they still fumbled.

I will try to post some more later. Again, these are just a few observations from my time with the game so far.

Last edited by Millennium; 08-16-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove