View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 03:03 AM   #84
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

OK....here is the initial Early Beta set.

Ground Rules
  • Feedback should be about the why something is happening, not just the what (i.e. statements like "too easy" or "too hard" don't help much). Instead, I need feedback like "the run game is too easy because the LBs don't react fast enough".
  • Stats are helpful, but aren't enough without the "why". Exception: we're still learning what limits we can push with penalty sliders. If you see an abnormal number of calls, let me know. I'll monitor calls being too low, but as always, penalty sliders are about gameplay, not the number of calls. However, I will entertain raising a slider for penalty calls if there is no deleterious effect on the gameplay.
Observations - "Josh Style"
  • The main menu fatigue slider has the biggest impact on gameplay. I've taken a "split approach" here and am seeing solid fatigue levels even with the low autosub "out" values. Raising the CFM slider higher than what balances to 50 (i.e. average of 40 MM and 60 CFM) does seem to negatively impact the aggression and reactions of the players. We'll hone in on this as we work through the process.
  • Autosubs...quite frankly...the "Out" value effects footplanting. If you're playing at the default 60, you're undoubtedly seeing warping. I did test 45 and it was OK, but I like what I am seeing at 40 (with the fatigue values, I am seeing the progression from green to red for fatigue, even in the first quarter....so this is good). I assume, but have not tested, that the "In" portion of the autosub values affects tendencies. Keep these at 80 for both CFM and MM.
  • Didn't want to do it, but I had to drop offensive holding. Even using a split 45 MM/50 CFM I was seeing some horrid suction blocking (like, you could see the defender get "sucked" into the O-lineman). I had to drop this below default to eliminate it. Will continue re-visiting this value as we tweak more.
  • MM special teams sliders definitely affect other elements of gameplay. I am concerned, albeit slightly, that the CPU values may have some impact on the kicking game though....have noticed nothing wonky for user. We'll monitor...but these tweaks are "must haves" to balance out the aggression.
All that said, here is the setup. The OP has been updated to reflect this baseline set....
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (39.5 KB, 350 views)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-23-2016 at 03:05 AM.