View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 09:14 AM   #5
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why are preseason cuts handled this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaSimulator
If they need to add arcade like details to keep the player "engaged" they haven't designed a very engaging mode to begin with, have they? I can't really get through the preseason at all at the moment - not if I want to have fun with CFM at least - because of the cut days being all wrong.

If you had the opportunity to move players to the practice squad in week 1 of preseason that would be unrealistic and arcade as well, but at least it would counter the stupidity of having to cut players in week 1. But since you can only move players to the PS in week 4, and by week 4 you only have exactly 53 + 10 players left, you basically have to plan out your 53-man roster and your practice squad in week 1. So, you might as well just cut down to 63 in week 1 and don't bother with cut days at all. Not only do the cut days in M17 defeat its purpose of being "engaging", but it also means the preseason is completely ruined for someone like me. It ruins immersion and defeats the purpose of having cut days at all in preseason.

I also wonder if cut days is the reason why some AI teams don't fill their PS with 10 players. By week 4 they may not have enough PS eligible players left. The first few times I started CFM I sure didn't have enough PS eligible players left by week 4 which is why I now have to plan everything out in week 1 instead.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Why don't they just do what the NFL does? I don't get it. You have enough to do looking at your roster early on to worry about cutting people week one. In week one you want to have fun looking at your late round draft picks, not cutting them .
Advertisements - Register to remove