View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 01:02 AM   #1
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

**Please scroll to the bottom of this post for information on how I play and how these XP Sliders would be best utilized**

**It has been determined that End of Season Progression has a flaw. Check bottom of this post for information**

So I decided to start my own thread so I could consolidate all the sims and data I've done on the XP Sliders to date. I'll try to keep this as organized as possible

FYI this is a great thread to check out. Some good discussion about XP Sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html
Spoiler

End Of Season Progression Flaw

When using End of Season Progression the CPU can usually save up a good amount of XP. We liked this route originally because we wanted the CPU to be able to upgrade a wider variety of attributes then 4 Week Progression allowed. Since the CPU spends all XP at it's allotted progression time Every 4 Weeks left some attributes completely off the table. However when set to End of Season it has been revealed that the CPU will always upgrade development no matter what the situation if it has enough XP (Thanks for the find BleedGreen). This results in a lot of wasted XP by the CPU and also if played this way human teams will naturally be quite a bit better then CPU because I don't think many of us are concerned with upgrading many players development and will focus on attributes. So after many, many, many sims focusing on End of Season progression I've decided to throw that out and go back to 4 Week Progression.

Rules

Rule 1 - These sliders are not intended for 32 team human control leagues. These sliders are intended for a 1-4 person league with the rest being cpu controlled.

Rule 2 - These sliders are intended for sim play style. If you constantly lead the league in everything or break records non stop the amount of xp you earn will be skewed in your favor.

Rule 3 - These sliders are intended for 4 week progression only. Every Week and End of Season progression will not work with these. Human controlled teams may progress as you please but I still suggest 4 Week for you as well.

Guidelines (How I Play)

Guideline 1 - I sim all training to make sure I only get a bronze. CPU teams do train but it's always the bronze star level and I don't want to cheat them.

Guideline 2 - All starters on my teams must have at least an 80 rating in Awr before I upgrade another attribute. All backups must have at least a 70 rating in Awr before I upgrade another attribute. This does two things. First it makes me have to spend on brains instead of jacking up their other ratings and using my stick skills to beat teams. Second it keeps it inline with how the cpu progresses players. They most definitely spend on Awr so again I don't want to cheat them.

Guideline 3 - I will pretty much never spend any XP on Spd, Acc, and Agi.
I feel guys come in at their peak in those areas so no need to make them better and I don't think the cpu goes for those either.

Guideline 4 - This is something I just started doing. At each progression phase, after I've got my players to the Awr level they need to be at, I auto progress any unused xp they may have left. I believe that the auto progress not only coincides with the cpu progression but also will progress players based off of your scheme. Plus I like having only some control over progression. A little random variety is nice. It gives me the feeling of being a Head Coach. I've trained them on their Awr (smarts), they train their bodies, and position specific stuff falls on their imaginary position coaches lol.

To Sum It Up

So that's basically it. The guidelines you don't have to follow but I think it will add a lot to these sliders. The rules however you must follow for these to work properly.

Side note on a few things. I've read where some think the user gains too much XP with these. Remember that these were created to give you realistic averages of talented players later on in your cfm. If you turn them down, while lowering your xp, you are also lowering the xp of all cpu teams and stunting their progression resulting in a cfm with not much top talent. If you gain too much xp you may just be too good for them. However they do give very realistic results for the cpu and to me that is the most important part for people who want a long and satisfying cfm experience. I haven't had a problem gaining too much xp as of yet and if I do at some point I think the guidelines I have above will help to keep things in check. You can always implement your own house rules for yourself as well. That's it. XP Sliders are below.

**I know these say they are for Post Tuned Online but you can use these for offline until the patch comes out. The difference is not that great and unless you mow through 10 season in a week you will be just fine**

TDAWG'S COLLABORATED MADDEN 17 XP POST-TUNED SLIDERS
(Post-tuned(online cfm) Current - 9/18 - 11:43am pst)

Madden 17 XP Slider Chart 4 week post sim.png

Link for anyone who can't view image above:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!Apn5bHLo9ND_knK_Y0sE1ic-9dMG

Special Thanks to:
rich8682
Champion8877
BleedGreen710
Anyone else I missed as well

Without these guys to check my work and put many hours in simming themselves as well we wouldn't be where we are at right now. Thanks guys.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 12-06-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove