Old 08-25-2016, 06:01 PM   #41
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs
To those of you who are concerned about too many players above 80 at a position, especially at the WR position have to start thinking more logically about how the mechanics of this game work.

Most players available in rounds 1 and 2 of the draft every year will hit an 80 rating in their career. There is a wealth of 75+ prospects coming out of the draft every year, and in many cases the only thing keeping those players from an 80 rating is about 15 points of awareness.

I ran a slider set for 20 years with WR at 140%. The first 10 years wasn't so bad, there were still 3 wideouts left in the league above a 90 rating. Sim another 10 years and I find that I have no WRs above 90 and 83% of WRs above 80 are in the 80-84 range.

Run a 10 year for halfbacks at a modest 140% and you'll probably still find you have at least 1 RB over a 90 rating, maybe even 95. But his name will be ezeikeil elliot every time and once he retires there will be nobody to take his spot.

You guys are forgetting that in 10 years you have current active nfl players inflating your stats in the upper tiers. Once those players retire and the NFL is comprised only of players that have been drafted over the years you start to see a much bigger regression towards 80 OVR at many positions.

Personally I always have 1 franchise where I sim the games and just manage the roster, the offseason, and the draft to see if I can turn a bad team into a real competitor in the league. For anyone else playing that way I'd really recommend pumping those sliders at a few positions. If you're going to play every game and you know you're not going to go 15 seasons deep then there's no need to worry about it so much.
I may not have been completed clear in the OP but I'm not necessarily going after what I saw in the base set. That was just a reference point for me. I have a set idea for each position in mind and that is what I'm going for. Some may think it's to many and some may think it's not enough buts that's fine. That's the good thing about having all the sim data in the first few posts so you can come up with what you are looking for if it differs from me without all the leg work lol.

Oh and the reason I quoted this post is because I agree 100% and am basing a lot of what I'm doing with this thought process in mind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove