View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 06:28 PM   #35
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Yeah, so this is interesting. I noticed for awhile now that I wasn't really seeing any penalties called. I started adjusting some of the penalty sliders, and still wasn't seeing anything. I added tackling back into the equation and voila!! Lol. So, there's an interesting case of not knowing exactly what each slider does. Now, the devs have come out and said that the sliders basically modify the video game dice rolls. So, my assumption here is that when certain video game calculations occur, the tackling slider set at 0 factors in. And, perhaps, because 0 * ANY NUMBER = 0, no penalties were called. Now, I'm not saying the equation ultimately = 0 and nothing happens. Something still happens on the field. But, I can def now see where some sliders cannot be 0. The first game I played after modifying tackling and pass coverage back to 50, I suddenly had a hold, false start, offside, and a def holding penalty. It may be hard to believe/understand, but I feel fairly certain it was the tackle slider. I also noticed a lack of tackle battles when set to zero, as well. I lost the saints game 17-16. I put WR catch to 49, and I saw something interesting. I think it actually makes the QB throw a second early from time to time. The first pass of the game, Brees threw 1 second early, the ball arrived at the TE right as he was turning towards the ball, it hit him on the shoulder pad for an incomplete. That was pretty cool actually. And, Brees only threw for 62%. I'll update the op soon with what I'm now playing with. It looks like I'll have to play with 'less than zero' sliders based on what I'm seeing. I still really like the blocking at zero and haven't changed that. Putting the tackling slider back up also did give more blockshed which was actually missing recently. So, anyways, I'll try to update op tonite with a modified set that I'm currently playing with. The saints game felt pretty good, but I saw some room for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove