Old 08-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #411
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Hey armor. I like the sliders just 1 thing. Speed parity at 35 Julio Jones had 395 yards receiving and 5 touchdowns. Db couldn't stay with him at all.
- It has been changed to 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
I know its not good testing sliders in preseason but I like to play the preseason in year 1 of my cfm just to get a feel for the game. I lost my first 2 games but I just smoked the Redskins 43-13. Held them to under 100 yards for 3 quarters but then they picked it up in the 4th. I've really noticed that player ratings really make a difference with these sliders. I'm my hometown Bills and I lit them up with my starters. Manuel played decent and Cardale Jones struggled terribly for the 2nd straight week. I still would like to see a few more penalties.
- Forget pre-season, I never test in pre season. It's futile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_NBA_x
To all those who are saying the sliders are too easy or they are dominating the AI/CPU I'd personally love to know a few things;

1) Are you playing on defensive camera when on defense?
2) Are you switching players to the guy closest to the ball carrier?
3) Are you calling your own plays all the time or using suggestions?
4) Are you hot routing/adjusting WR's routes to exploit gaps?
5) Are you pressing any of the catch icons like aggressive catch/possession catch etc with your WR's?
6) Are you playing on zoom camera on offense or wide so you can see everything?

It'd be interesting to know.
- Thank you NBA, the way I play is how I develop these settings. I play the game in a very specific manner and style and that is why I encourage people to tune in to watch my streams so they can see with their own eyes exactly how I play.

In regards to play calling something I started noticing in my Raiders CFM. The same group of plays are being called and called often. And it has to do with the star ratings the team specific playbook are set to out of the box. So I do open up my playbook and I go deep into it. It's ok to call all your own plays instead of coach suggestions on offense. But you must really mix up your play calling and explore the entire playbook. If you fall into the trap of calling the same set of 5-6 passing plays, and 5-6 running plays your going to start exploiting the CPU.

If you want to play All-Madden by all means go for it. Charter makes a very solid set of All-Madden Sliders. I just like staying on All-Pro because I feel the game shines ratings wise on this level.

Playing from the defensive camera is simply game changing if you have never done it. I know it's tough at first. But here are a few tips to that and some other things.

1. Choose LB's when you're first learning how to play from this perspective. Allow the CPU to drop your LB into their zone for you and once they are done backpedalling to their assignment then take control and anticipate or react to what your seeing in front of you. Know your assignment!! Say to yourself ok...my zone is in this area and anyone that comes into it....I will move with them. If your supposed to rush the passer make sure you control him right from the snap of the ball. Learn your pass rush move ratings for every LB. Learn how and when to strafe your player!!! I can't stress that enough. I do not use auto strafe as it is not intuitive for me and I want to decide when to shuffle side to side vs actually running to a player. Learn this skill it is critical. Learn how to use play the ball play the receiver on defense for the man you control...it is critical. Knowing the controls is vital.

2. DL - This is a joy to play from the defensive cam. Learn how to jump the snap!!! If you don't you will never get to the QB. Once you have a successful jump then know your better rated move (some guys do both swim and power well like Mack!) and mix it up...it is a button mash!! It's a battle with the OL. But be careful. If you do it every down he will tire quickly and be subbed out. Also if you always jump the snap you will over pursue running plays.

3. Hot routing - on offense I allow myself only 1 for any WR/TE period. No multiple hot routes with WR's or TE's. The only other hot route I allow is a RB (to either read and release or stay in to pass protect).

4. Learn to use your OL protection hot routes. If your getting pressured too much slider them left or right or pinch or max protect. Read the defense!!

5. Having problems stopping the CPU run? It's going to happen. You really need to call the proper defenses and make the right reads....especially when your in the defensive cam and "playing strict true no switch".

6. Play at least 8 games inside CFM (non preseason) to really get a good feel of the sliders and settings. 1,2,3 games.....seriously? The variety you're going to get is amazing this season. I have had all kinds of games. Trust the settings. Play the game, and have fun.

In the end, it very well may not be the right settings for you. But if you truly approach the game like I do, know your an All-Pro level player and don't exploit the CPU (which is really easy to do on Madden) I can pretty much assure you that you will enjoy these sliders. If not.....please...move on. Posts that don't serve any function are:

I played 2 games and destroyed the CPU.

I can't stop the run.

I can't sack the QB.

Guy's.....I can't play the game for you. I can't really teach you how to play either.....that's up to you. Go into the practice drills, learn the controls inside and out, learn how to rush the passer, learn how to read the offense at the line, learn what a cover 2 man looks like and what you need to do to find the soft spots in zones. The drills are great and thorough and teach true football concepts.

Play the game.....play it a lot. If you are knowledgable about football I am confident with playing time you will start to become a better player and things will come together.

But 2,3 games and judgment? Come on people. You gotta play a bunch of games, get used to the new physics, gap defense, better LB zones, the vastly improved CPU RB AI and learn how to square up, take the right pursuit angles and tackle properly. Hit sticking is a huge risk now. Learn how to strip the CPU, learn how to cover up the ball!!! Learn how to move up in the pocket, roll out a little, buy some time, make things happen.

And again if you are constantly blowing out the CPU.......can't help you.

Move up to All-Madden but know it is a different game and feel on that level IMO. One that I don't need nor enjoy.

Have fun fella's. And come hang out on some streams when you can. We have fun on the air with chat and the games are pretty entertaining.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-29-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove