View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #420
sbattisti
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

I'm up to game six of season 2 in my franchise, which involves me trading away all "real" players from the Eagles during season 1 (and simming/not caring about season 1 results), then going with all rookies starting in season 2.

As you can imagine, it's tough sledding when your highest rated player is a 78! Lost all four preseason games, and then my first four regular season games as well. Some of the games were close, but we really struggle to stop the run. Most RBs are racking up 150+ on me easy. Because of our lack of talent, it's tough to get pressure on the QB without blitzing, and when I blitz I often get burned badly too so I have been playing VERY conservatively trying to "bend don't break."

Offensively, it's a challenge. I focused on OL in my first draft, so there is some budding talent there, but my HB is an undrafted FA. So, tough to run consistently. Passing wise, turnovers have been the biggest challenge. I have something like 18 INTs through 6 games. About half are flat out my fault, throwing into double coverage etc. The other half, though, are probably ratings. I fire the ball right on time and it goes way wide. Which is how it SHOULD be starting an unstaffed FA QB!

I've been carefully doing the trainings to learn how to play better, and last week we pulled off a last minute upset of the 4-1 Vikings! 37-34. This week we had another victory, 20-13. Played really solid defense and milked the hell out of the clock and stuck with the run. (Ended with only ONE INT, which was progress!)

It has been cool and truly rewarding to watch these guys scrap for wins. I'd be shocked if we managed six wins this season, but I am stacked with draft picks for next season thanks to all of my trades, and I still have a handful of Eagles who I didn't trade yet due to cap penalties. They will be traded this offseason, so I am anticipating a nice influx of talent!

Armor, this set plays fantastically with my style of play, thank you so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk