View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #42
hoop xyience
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I updated the OP with my ALTERNATE SET in RED if u want to try them out. You'll see they are VASTLY different from zeros. lol. I've played around with sliders for a few years, and while the game may change, there are certain things that I can sort of see with animations and some gameplay, that I kind of tried a few things here and there, and overall, I just like the way the game is playing now with that alt set. And, I've lost 2 games in a row that were just nail biters, and absolute defensive struggles - or, i struggled offensively. You'll notice a lot of the alt set is "47". This may seem odd, but again, this actually has history from some slider stuff I've done in the past. There is just something about that number for certain sliders that seems to give the game more "dynamic" gameplay. Based on what the devs have said, all sliders simply affect the dice rolls being calculated in the game. And, for some reason, 47 just feels like it throws more "correct" balancing to gameplay. All Blocking has been set to 17. I feel fairly solid in this number. I played a few games at 15, 17, 18, and 19, actually, and i, legit saw different gameplay. The "cleanest" and "best" gameplay simply came from either 17 or 18. Now, the interesting thing here is this. At 17, u will see more special moves attempted and more special moves successful, HOWEVER, it is NOT overpowered AT ALL, imo. They simply occur more often than at 18. The other thing I see at 17, is that the offensive players tend to fall forward CORRECTLY when tackled from behind, or breaking tackles, etc. This makes the "weight" of the players feel correct. If a player is tackled frontside, he may fall back as well, so it's not "all the time" that they fall forward. Again, it just feels "correct". At 18 (and, yes, i know, ONE POINT DIFFERENCE, but YES, u will absolutely see different gameplay), u will see a few "awkward" tackles where the RB SHOULD fall forward, but instead, falls backward from certain tackles. Also, U will see less special moves performed, and u will have less success with them. Which, ultimately, is interesting to me and is a spot where u can quickly adjust for difficulty if u like. If u try with 17, and win some games, and aren't feeling the difficulty, legit, raise it to 18. And, u can do this for cpu or hum depending on where the struggle lies. If the cpu is too dominant, u might actually increase cpu blocking to 18, and u will see they will probably be tackled backwards a few more times per game resulting in less 1st downs. And, obviously, again, if u feel too strong, u can up HUM blocking to 18, and u should see less gains, and less broken tackles. So, anyways, that's what I'm seeing with the alt set. I know they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than ZEROS, but I feel like the zeros were a little too "wonky", unfortunately. Again, I tried zeros in the past, and thought it might be interesting to try them with madden 17. Oh, also, something about the 17 and 18 on the blocking. At 17, the animations just feel "cleaner" and "smoother", actually. So, that was something else that has steered me towards using 17. If u give those a shot, let me know how they feel. Everyone plays different, and it's always interesting to hear what other people see with sliders. Again, I've really only played 2 games, now, but they were actually fantastic close, tough battles. A few deep balls to Julio, a few long runs for freeman, but also finding it tough to get it to Julio, and also struggling on some runs. So, for me, the game felt a little more "organic". You should see this on the lineplay, btw. I feel like there is some real "randomness" to pocket formation and with run blocking. You'll sometimes see a defender break through, and sometimes not. More often than not, I feel like the blockers are also blocking their correct assignment or "nearest threat", and that is something I always shoot for. So, anyways, let me know what u think if u get a chance.
Sounds very interesting! Can't wait to plug these in. Your set has been the closest thing to dynamic+competitive gameplay I've tried on OS. Please keepus updated if you find anything. Thanks for the in-depth analysis on your process