View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 10:47 PM   #397
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Howdy all.

So...been thinking. Something has been off so far. I explored this before, but the previous O-line issues I couldn't be sure that this was the problem. After running some games last night, it's still definitely an issue. I'm talking threshold...the issues being much more apparent now that we have proper block shedding.

Here's the issue. Outside runs are too easy and inside runs are horrifically inconsistent. The issue is one of things not being synchronized. Inside runs are not synchronized well....block sheds happen before backs can even hit the hole. Outside runs are too in-sync...Pulling guards are out in front of the back far too easily and FBs are almost in perfect position every time. Additionally, LBs tend to be about a step slow in making the play or filling the gap. Playing as NE last night at 50 thresh, their FB, Develin, was out in front of Blount on virtually every off-tackle or toss/stretch and DTs had shed their blocks many times before the Blount could even hit the hole.

So, this is the fix....we're going to lower threshold to 45 (in repeating my NE game at 45, Develin wasn't always in front for the perfect block...I sometimes had to slow down and wait for the blocks to develop...this is what we want). To compensate for the decrease in threshold, we're going to bump up CFM DPI to 54. For those of you that followed my M16 set, this is exactly where we wound up at the end. I think that the threshold change will have the effect of getting things back to where they were on M16. Also, based on everyone's reports, I am going to bump the CFM RTP slider to 50.

In summary:
Threshold to 45
CFM DPI from 53 to 54
CFM RTP from 51 to 50

Final note: this will be the first thing I revisit when the next patch comes out. But for now, I think this will solidify things...