Old 09-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #401
GrayDawg
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just finished two very entertaining games in my new Jags franchise. Game one was a 35-7 loss to GB (only a bomb to Hurns where he faked out the DB saved me from a shutout loss) and the second was a 24-13 win over SD. Stats were very solid across the board and a team has yet to crack the 400 total yard barrier....a chronic issue on M16. A few thoughts:
  • Use formation subs. In the GB game, Richard Rodgers has something like 8-92 yards by the 2nd quarter. I'm like, %&*^, DPI is too high. But the funny thing was that Rodgers wasn't just checking down. Then it dawned on me, I had Skuta and Poluszny in my Nickel package. I swapped them out with Telvin Smith and Myles Jack. He had one or two catches the rest of the way as the speed and coverage skills of those two LBs essentially neutralized him.
  • RBs can hurt you in different ways. Lacy played like a pounder while SD's RBs (mainly Oliver) burned me on cutback runs. Was beautiful to see their respective skills/ratings shine through.
  • Make adjustments. Oliver burned me early in the first half....I switched up from calling more aggressive plays to going into more of a 'contain' mode. The strategy worked as we slowed him down big time the rest of the way.
  • Slider talk now As was hoped for, the running games are much more balanced with the tweaks. If you have speedy back, you might still exploit the edge (it happens in real life too). But if you're using an average speed guy, you're going to have to wait for your blocks to get outside. For testing purposes, I tried to hit the outside with both Ivory and Yeldon...it was quite tough...a lot of time the FB and pulling linemen weren't out in front....I had to wait.
  • The drop to RTP did slow down the pass rush a bit...but it's still there. I was sacked four times by GB (a couple were times when Jones was right on top of me...good to see). SD struggled more to get to me. The Jags anemic pass rush struggled in both games (but I did get to Rivers twice after getting shut out by GB).
End of August....I honestly have no major complaints. I expect that the upcoming patch will just enhance things (not break them). If they fix the glitch to defensive holding (it resets to 50 in-game in CFM), that should clean-up the relative ease on deep bombs. I'm also guessing that they will continue to improve the pass rush (like last year) and hopefully further refine fatigue. This set should be pretty darn "patch resistant" unless they do something crazy like overhaul how autosubs work (highly unlikely).

Enjoy guys! I know I am going to!
Good to see you're making progress. I was wondering if you could put out a summary of your test results on auto sub sliders in the main menu. For example what does 0 do for each position and increasing from 80 to 90 do? Its obvious to me these sliders affect gameplay. Just try dropping to 50/49 across the board and see the affect.
Advertisements - Register to remove