Old 09-01-2016, 12:07 PM   #257
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Is it tho? I'll use Jameson Crowder as an example. He was a rookie last year playing sparingly in games early on, but over the season his route running really improved there was a play in the Jets game where he undressed Revis on a route, and he continued to improve that as the season wore on. Younger players specifically can show dramatic improvements as the season wears on. As they get used to the speed of the NFL game and develop a better understanding of what teams are doing to them. Obviously this is just my opinion.
I totally agree with this. In real life. It just seems that in Madden it is really hard to get the cpu to spend XP on the right thing. In your example you talked about Crowder improving his route running. Let's say that cost 2000xp (just pulling a number out my ***). So after 4 weeks he has 1999xp. Will the cpu save it for next time? Nope. They will spend it on less important things such as Inj(which is super cheap this year), Carry, BCV, etc. Now all those attributes will overall help a player but not as much as Route Running would help a WR. So while I 100% agree that 4 week progression would simulate real life the best, in Madden it just isn't quite there. That's why I suggest if you like 4 week progression to do it for your team but let the cpu do end of season to better save their XP and then in turn better utilize it. Just my 2 cents.