View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #343
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
I'll look into that website issue. Earning walks is not a problem with CPU pitching set to Hard minus. Condition (happy or sad face) plays a big part in that. In exhibition games you might be up against guys with good condition, but in season mode you'll face aging vets that come in all beat up and you can pound them or work them for walks.

The 2010 version (and most others) it's too easy to paint corners when pitching. What I do is set it so that I pick the pitch type & location and leave the CPU to determine release timing. We call that "1-button mode" in pitch settings. If you really want to be in charge of release then look at the pitchers hand instead of the shrinking balloon, you can still throw pretty well but you'll also toss up some farts.

And yes cursor hitting is the way to go, with no hit assist on the variety of hits you'll get is crazy.

I drew a few walks in the last couple games I played...still not that many but at least it's not zero anymore. Still on Hard-

That 1-button mode sounds like Classic in the The Show. I'll try that. I got bombed in my bullpen. Rallied to take a 5-2 lead late only for my relievers (tried to save my closer as he had a lot of fatigue points), to make it 5-4 and then my poor tired closer coughed it up. Felt bad after all that "THE CLOSER IS COMING" on the scoreboard and then he lets everyone down LOL.

Another thing - what happens to games that end in ties. Ties in baseball...only in Japan! Anyway, I had a 3-3 tie. Is that game made up later or do I just have one less game in the standings?

But anyway, I'm having a blast with PYS. Really just loving the game and how it plays.