View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 12:04 AM   #1
Brooke2011
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Ever wonder why we fiddle with sliders so much?

Every year madden comes out and we fiddle with sliders. But what do they really do? Others have said it simply is adjusting the roll of the dice for that category.
So if QB accuracy is set to 50 your saying that 50% of the time throws will be on target based on your QB's ratings.

So I guess what I'm saying is , if someone comes out with a slider set, will it play as well for a 97 rated QB as it would for a 79 rated QB. Basically your taking the lower QB and really making him even more deficient.
Does this rule apply to all sliders? Well I think categories like fumbles and tackling will effect the rate with which those occurrences happen . So if you don't like seeing a lot of broken tackles or fumbles , raise them up. But I really think sliders alter the game in ways that effect the game from team to team.

To put in perspective. I have tried sliders for a particular team against another particular team. The game plays well but if I change teams or even substitute certain players then the sliders become unnatural in a way that is not difficult ,just unrealistic.

What does this mean? I think if you want to see consistent gameplay , keep sliders at default and play with speed parity and game speed. These two things can change the game without effecting the core elements as they pertain to each players ratings.

For years I have played with sliders and enjoys the games briefly before I had to go back to default sliders to enjoy the game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove