View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #414
Rebel10
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 17 Bugs/Glitches Thread

Bug:

Game freezes at the end of a game in CFM mode. Xbox One, digital version of the game. I am so sick of the poor quality of EA's games. Madden 16 had this problem where games would inexplicably freeze at the end of a long CFM... It's horrible.

In this case, I had a high scoring win as the Patriots against the Bills, 53 - 31. Blount tied the NFL record for touchdown runs (5). The game froze as soon as the ending clip/video started. The announcers continued to talk and the "Hold A to Skip" prompt appeared. Naturally, even though I played a 60 minute game, the score did not record. I let it sit for about 5 minutes, came back down and it was still frozen.

EA has to fix these quality issues. They're game breaking. If you can't reliably know when your game is going to freeze or work, the motivation to play the game is killed.

Further, why can't you continue this game? I'm in a single player CFM (online), why doesn't this function the same way that allows you to continue the game later? And if you can't continue the online human vs. CPU CFM games but can continue offline CFM games why doesn't the game tell you that when you choose offline vs. online at the beginning? E.g., when you choose offline CFM it would say, "If the game inexplicably freezes because of poor QE, you can pick the game up again later." Seems like a major feature of Offline CFM.

Reproducible:

Not really. Just froze at the end of a game.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJLfQilIpV8

Of course it just freezes on Rex Ryan's face wearing the pink sweater.

Last edited by Rebel10; 09-03-2016 at 10:54 AM.