Old 09-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #512
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Im not seeing insane completion percentages with regularity, Ive only seen it 3 times in over a season and they were from Brady, Romo and disgustingly Bridgewater. I just finished a game at Indy and Luck completed 60% but he was below 50% until garbage time late when I backed off and he started checking down constantly. I love the feel of the game this year for sure, plays well out of the box which is typically unheard of for sports games.
Great post!

Matchups are just SO critical this year. You can't just line up your best four corners based on overall rating and expect to win....sometimes you need to flip them around for matchup reasons. I think your results highlight that.

Inflated completion percentages in one game? It may not be that the QB is overpowered, but that the receivers are better than your DBs....it happens. You have to be thoughtful about your play calls too...Madden is so much more cerebral this year. The NFL is a game of matchups....I actually think M17 does a solid job of replicating that.

One other thing....watch your defensive alignment in nickel packages...at default, I've seen the CB1 in the slot with the CB3 on the outside....in some cases, that is great....in others, not so much. Use formation subs to your advantage too.

I've been messing with some other things today....honestly, from a reaction perspective, I'm just not seeing anything out-of-whack from a coverage perspective. I'd like to further push the limits of the pass rush, but that is really about it.