Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
PSN - Sabo00FF

How to use

1. Create 2nd profile
2. Download all playbooks
3. Star franchise with INSTANT STARTER OFF
4. Create new character on the team you're about to play
5. Make it an active player (preferably 3rd string QB because he never plays)
6. Before game starts take 2nd controller to opposing team and pick custom book DONT MOVE BACK TO MIDDLE
7. Play game
8. Retire player, who want disappear
9. Repeat next week

Sup sim fanatics... Long time player, been a lurker for the most part but the forums have always been something that improved my gaming experience throughout the years... Thought it was finally time I gave something back!!

To go along one of the funnest Madden's we've had in a very long time comes some very questionable game planning by EA team... I can't for the life of my understand how a team can have 450 plays, with 30 different sets but only be programmed to use about 40 plays....

Thanks to some inspiration from Vanwolfhawk, I decided to was time to fix the problem, no different then you guys do a gameplay issue with sliders...

What I decided to do was go through all 32 teams and give them the proper game plan system they deserve... My original idea was to give every single play a half star for every down and distance... Make the CPU use the entire playbook and never know what they might call with favoring one play over the other (hello four verts)...

That didn't last long because for some reason the game would always crash... After tinkering with it for a while, I found the perfect mix without crashing being around 15 sets with about 250 plays... Not as exotic but sure as hell beats what we have now...

Here's the system I came up with...

Removed all curl/flats, stick, four verticals, trimmed HB screens...

Certain teams I gave an half star for running the ball (buffalo, Carolina, Minny, etc)

1st down - 3 star run 1.5 play action .5 others
2 and long - .5 every single play
2 and medium - 2 run 1.5 play action .5 others
2 and short - .5 every single play
3 and long - only shotgun/one back passing 3 star shotgun plays that reach the sticks
3 and medium - only shotgun/one back passing 3 star shotgun plays that reach the sticks
3 and short - 2 run 1.5 play action .5 others

I've been getting a great mix of passing/running and unpredictability regardless of down and distance... You can play the same team twice in a row and one game they'll sling it next they'll pound the ball...

this should help you guys out along with some of the hard working slider guys here... Hopefully someone at ea tries this and hope they do the work for me next year!!!

Now if only we can fix QB play and make the pocket collapse!!!

Sidenote: I have no idea how these will work if you use them as your playbook and rely on strategy suggestions...
thank you for all your work. I was wondering:

*Are all your offensive pb's in the vault now trimmed down and stars for plays adjusted ?

*I have a nearly finished custom defensive 4-3 pb and I plan to remove 4-3 and add 3-4 and upload that book as well. maybe do a multiple front def. pb as well. Do you think it is wise for me to trim down the plays and adjust the stars in gameplan (as they are mostly at half each right now) to give the cpu better play call strategy. I have already seen the cpu play smarter with that def. pb.

thank you