Old 09-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #12
Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampunjabi
My brother and I play a franchise together and only play our versus games since we are in the same division. After about 10 games or so with him having Colin kap, rg3, and dak Prescott as his qbs it seems like qb accuracy can be toned down. I do not see as many bad throws from these qbs as I would imagine.

Also granted I don't have great receivers but Davonte Parker and Docson as they have been upgraded have pretty good spectacular catch ratings and it has been roughly a 5% completion rate on deep balls that are one on one. My qb has a decent deep accuracy rating too. Is it possible that the man coverage is a bit high or do you think catching could be increased? What do you suggest.

Also the running game feels a bit hard from my view so far.

Are you playing All Madden or All Pro?

QBA: This is where I originally thought we'd have to drop lower than 35 and still might if our passing stats are too high after a week or two, but initial feedback seems solid. I see some ducked throws but not a ton. Given user defense is much tougher than CPU defense, I'm comfortable with 35 as a starting point but definitely could be moving this down as I get actual data rolling in.

WR Catch: Originally I had this at 51, actually... with SPD up to 60 and coverage at 65, I wanted to see fewer wide open guys BUT a lesser effect of WRs getting the ball jarred out from less than big hits. Was worried at 51 that offense would be too easy, but this is also one I'm likely to bump a point or two if it seems like OFF needs some help after wek 1.

Run game: May start this at 57 but still getting feedback from people. Generally I'm hearing that 56 is still a little hard, as you said, but I also know guys have unleashed 150+ yd games here as well. In my experience from the past two cycles of Madden, when our league YPC / rushing stats were dead on vs the NFL, guys thought rushing seemed "a bit hard." So 56-57 is going to be our starting point. If it feels hard, my experience says that's good. Not everyone is a top 5 rushing team. That said--like the rest, def something I am looking at bumping if the initial week's #s come in a little low.

Very much appreciate the feedback! This is the "feel" part of it which I never feel great about, ha. But as I said in the OP, we are starting our file on Friday and reg season on Tuesday, so after that I'll start reporting hard data & making adjustments accordingly.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues