Old 09-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #747
Cowboy008
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Ok Maddenites, after several test CFM games using the "creat the coach your playing that week" work around, I am thrilled to report it is a smashing success.

The CPU is playing far better using generic playbooks. It is seriously night and day. So much so I am going to restart my Raiders single team offline CFM once the new rosters drop tomorrow.

It is that stark.

What I saw was the CPU really mixing up their play book. They were calling, draws, PA roll outs, Z Spot routes, drags, various running plays, and on defense they were much better as well.

Also a Shout to JayD on a finding with auto subs inside CFM. Here is the process you should use for setting auto subs for your team (and the CPU team your playing that week using the create a coach workaround).

Main Menu auto subs should always be on default In 80 out 60

When you go into the CFM auto sub menu for your team set all auto subs to 80 in 60 out for every position and save.

Then go back in to the auto sub menu again inside CFM (under your coach title) and press the reset button. They will all reset to 50/50. Save.

Go back again into auto subs and you will see them at 80 in 60 out!!! Save.

Takes 1 minute for that process. And that is it. You are set for your entire franchise.

Follow the same procedure for your opponent that week after you create their current coach when you play them that week.

Ok I know.....a lot of information. So let me recap my process A-Z

After I set up my offline CFM and my teams auto subs and formation subs here is my process each week during the season and let's pretend I am Denver:

1) Week 1, I am playing the Carolina Panthers so I will create a new character (click down R3 PS4) choose the Panthers and use Ron Rivera (existing coach).

2) Now I will set up the Panthers depth chart however I want, I will go into their auto sub menu and set everything to in 80 out 60, save, go back in press reset, save, go back in and it will already be preset again to 80 in 60 out, save.

3) I will go to coach schemes for the Panthers and change their playbook to "Balanced" If you look at Rivera's offensive scheme it says balanced. If so use the Generic playbook named balanced. (If another team says west coast..use the west coast generic playbook, run heavy us the run heavy etc etc). Defensive plays book set to generic 4-3

4) Now go into formation subs for the Panthers - you will see it has the generic playbook now listed (it works!!!) and set up some foramtion subs you want for your opponent. Or not...totally your decision.

5) Do your weekly gameplanning for your team (in this example the Broncos) then play your week one game. After you finish week one retire Ron Rivera and move on to week two.

Guys......it's fantastic. Trust me. The game is even better. Far better. I am really pumped about this!!!! So much so I am restarting my Raiders CFM. It feels like I was cheating playing an inferior AI....but now with the generic playbook workaround......they are playing great.
Armor, How's the defensive play calling for the cpu when using generic playbooks?