View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
KingKoopaKnicca
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17 = Choops 2k8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelboy
Based off of playing the prelude.. this game moves and feels a heck of alot like Choops used to. I'm curious if it was built on the same platform/engine? And if so, what took so damn long??

If you go back and watch videos of the old Choops2k8 game, and compare the standstill dribble moves, the spins.. the spin through the lane with the big guys.. the slow passing..the smoothness & tight ballhandling control.. the collision detection in the lane.. this is all VERY reminiscent of the masterful 2k8 game and has never been in any recent NBA 2K titles.

Those of you who've never given the title a try, if you have an old xbox or ps3 sitting around, you should definitely pick it up. It's probably the best playing hoops game ever created.

I'm also wondering if at some point we'll have the ability to playthrough an entire college season using generic players within a future 2k title. It's obvious that the collegiate licenses are now restored.

PS- this thread isn't an indebtment on 2k17, just a curiosity.
Honestly that's a compliment and I played that game. It was nice as heck, it does bare some similarities. It's ironic though cuz I bet you they had completely different teams do each game, Wang and his crew probably thought long and hard about this (2K17) game and put hours in and we over here saying it's like a game from 9 years ago. #sorryWangWEnotWORTHY