View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
Uncle Elton John
Banned

OVR: 0
The importance of a custom Defensive PB being applied to CPU teams in CFM.

Hello,

I want to preface this that I NEVER play defense and ONLY play offense and do kr's/pr's, so I know nothing about cpu offense. I also usually only play two quarters a game, btw.

I spent hours on a 4-3 pb and have now finished, for the most part, a 3-4 defensive pb. I starred the plays and it sure seems to make the game much better and harder. I used to be able to play on AM, but, now I am settled on AP.Cover 4 and some Cover 3 plays make the DB's and LB's act like idiots. I suggest comprehensive traits edits to all safeties - cb's and lb's - this is:

penalty = undisciplined and play ball in air = aggressive, along with lowered cpu tackling and facemask at 5 in mm and cfm. rest of penalties at default. tampa cover 2 seems to be the best coverage and cover match 3 is good also. here is the name of my 4-3 def. pb in vault:

search keyword: DEFENSE17 (this is an older file) AND CHOOSE THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF THE FILE.

I will upload my 3-4 def. pb when I get it completely done and update this post with the name of the 3-4 def. file. Below are my sliders for AM and AP. Look for SwaggerCoach's work-around in the "everything Playbooks" thread. Thanks and enjoy - feedback and criticism always welcome.

Gameplay Sliders
Player Skill
QB Accuracy: AM (10)
Pass Blocking: 20
WR Catching: AM(55)
Run Blocking: 55
Fumbles: 20
Pass Defense Reaction Time: AM (30)
Interceptions: AM (20)
Pass Coverage: Am (90)
Tackling: AM (40)

*I use Assist for running option.

Special Teams
I sim all FG's and rarely human punt.

Game Options
Injuries: 50 (10 in mm)
Fatigue: 50 (both)
Min Player Speed Threshold: 90 (both)
Speed: Slow
Ball Hawk and Heatseeker: Off

Penalties
all default in mm and cfm
Offensive Pass Interface: Off
Kick Catch Interference: Off

Auto-Subs - default in mm and cfm

*I do not like to mess with auto-subs, as it seems to negatively affect sim stats, which are surprisingly excellent !!!!

Last edited by Uncle Elton John; 09-12-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove