Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungodfather
Concerns through 3 weeks:
Pass blocking - we are averaging about twice as many sacks as the NFL per game right now. We have had a few games with 11 total sacks, while most are in the 6-9 range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've heard this from my guys anecdotally and will likely be bumping it after week 1 myself. I prefer to err on the side of D initially and then move toward O. That was easier said than done in previous Maddens but this Madden is much more defensive.

RBK sliders seem to make noticeable differences even at +/ 1 point, so I probably will only bump PBK by a point or two initially if our sacks are high.

The other part of that is I expect our sacks to be a bit high because guys are used to sitting back in the pocket for several seconds. In the NFL, the heat comes, that's why they aren't averaging 13-14 yds per completion and 10-11 yds/att like you often see in Madden leagues. Dudes go deep, and I don't just mean bombs, I mean even intermediate/deep routes that take a while to develop. Typically only elite OLs can support that kind of an offense play in and play out.

So that's the tricky balance, the 'art' part as opposed to the science part: how much is buffing PBK actually rewarding guys who are playing too aggressive, and how much is just that PBK is too low?

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove