Old 09-10-2016, 11:37 PM   #7
reverend_heat
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Starting a Franchise with Accurate Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by statsdon
First you have to take control of all 32 teams. Make sure you set trades to "enable human". Start at preseason. Now comes the fun part. Simulate week by week, paying attention to the transactions. I think by week 3, cuts will need to be made. This is where you have to start filling your practice squad with the appropriate players. I went by ourlads.com website because it shows who is in the teams practice squad, injuries and suspensions. You will come across some issues (2nd and 3rd yr players on practice squad). In that case, some injured players are rookies or 1st yr which can be put in the practice squad. Of done correctly, which took me about 3-4 hours, I started my regular season with acurate rosters. I just adjusted the teams depth charts to reflect PUP and suspended players. Hope this helps.
People complain about this every year, and every year it falls on deaf ears. Why does EA insist on making it so difficult to start a franchise with accurate rosters? Can we all agree we would rather just not have the preseason included in CFM? That way after all the work that is done on their part to get rosters correct, we can actually use them as they intended. its ridiculous, and it needs to stop.