Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Armor & Sword's Madden 17 All-Pro Custom Simulation Style Sliders

As always the core goals of the set will be:

1. Fun

2. Realistic stats

3. Great animations and every game feeling organic and unique

4. Dice roll results driven first and foremost by player ratings and a focus on team building via the draft and realistic XP development

Some "House Rules" I use to enhance the Madden game playing experience:

1. I employ a strict "No Switch Rule" on offense and defense - I play a strict no user catch rule on Madden. Both offline and online (10 Yard Fight). Player ratings determine the outcome!!! On defense I utilize the defensive cam almost exclusively and also from time to time I will use the broadcast cam (because it looks so damn pretty!!). Playing from the defensive cam adds an incredible layer of realism, challenge and fun IMO. If you want a real challenge, play defense from this view. I am developing the sliders based on the exact settings I employ so it is niche type thing in that regard. Use the values as a base and adjust them to your skill level and playing style.

I also never switch. This is another key component of how I develop my slider set. If I play as the MLB on a given play I stay as the MLB all the way through to the whistle is blown. What that does is put a focus on player ratings, player awareness and you depending on your teammates to make a play you are not involved in or away from. This also at times will strengthen the CPU and make it more of a challenge to play against them. I can tell you it is very hard playing defense this way and can lead to some ugly games if your defense is tired or having an off day. Timely sub packages like bringing in a fresh DL is a big feature of this set. If your defense has been on the field alot, pay attention to their fatigue levels and sub accordingly!!

2. Use your playbook - mix up your plays. Use the entire playbook. Don't go for it every time on 4th and 1 with a FB dive or QB sneak. In other words don't cheese the CPU. Keep it real. On offense I tend to use coach suggested and strategy suggested plays 90% of the time. On defense I call all my own plays. I also mix up my RB's and use formation subs to get other guys carries and keep things realistic. From time to time if my back is hacing a special day....so be it. But those are not often. Just like IRL.

3. When on defense I will user pick, swat and strip of course. I will use pass rush moves on the DL and with my OLB's. I will use my full arsenal and stick skills on the player I control without switching.

4. On offense I will control who ever has the ball. I will use moves, jukes etc. What I will not do however is take control of a potential receiver of the football. I do not user catch at all. I let the ratings determine the catch type always. Once the ball is caught I will take control of the ball carrier and do my thing.

5. I play with all visual aides turned off. The cleanest screen possible is what I employ for the best possible broadcast presentation and also challenge. This year we have tackle battles and they cannot be turned off. It is a QTE event and so it's not a big deal. The prompts are needed to employ this feature which from what I have seen looks like fun. Also gap assignments are previewed and can not be turned off as of release. Of course they could patch in the ability to turn them off (or not).

That's basically it as far as approach and playing style. I truly look forward to providing a great base set of sliders at the "All-Pro" level for you to play with. Please use it as a starting point to tweak to your hearts content. Everyone has different skill levels and there is no "one size fits all" slider set.

This season Madden has made a lot of under the hood improvements. Gap assignments, a much improved defensive AI for zone defenses. AI RB's now employ their full arsenal of jukes, spins, stiff arms and trucking. The game has gone to a new level and I am very excited to get going and providing the OS community with a great base set.

Armor's CFM House Rules

Spoiler

My channel link is in my signature here.

This season I will be running a single team offline CFM with the Oakland Raiders and doing a single team offline fantasy franchise with my Miami Dolphins!

I am not going with a 32 team approach this year. I am letting the chips fall where they may. Also the main reason for this is I want that franchise score ticker to be clean and work as intended. From what I understand (unless someone finds a way) in 32 team CFM even if you sim all the games before your teams game the ticker will read like this:

Todem 28 Todem 14

That kills immersion for me. And IMO the score ticker is something I feel is very powerful in keeping your league feeling alive and real.

Use this site at OS to post box scores in the thread!

http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php

Join me on twitch all season long for:

L.A. Turf Wars A Raiders Franchise on Madden 17

and

A Dolphins Tale Two Fantasy Island (A Fantasy Draft Dolphins Franchise)On Madden 17

Just wanted to point out that the 49ers will be running the same offense whether or not Kap is the starter. Gabbert is nearly as mobile as Kap, believe it or not (look at the combine numbers), and Chip Kelly doesn't change his scheme much for roster difference. Kelly will be doing a ton of pistol and gun, no matter who is the quarterback.