View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #3
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Trade Approval/Announcement Thread

Denver Trades Veteran Pro Bowl CB Aqib Talib to The Panthers for DT Star Toulelu and a 2017 4th Round Pick

Talib was a little stunned, but quite happy to go to a contender in Carolina

Star is a young DT on the rise and looks forward to joining forces with Von Miller and Demarcus Ware on one of the best defenses in the league

9/1/16 - In a stunning deal The defending Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos sent controversial All-Pro CB Aqib Talib packing and joining the Super Bowl runner up Carolina Panthers, in exchange for young on the rise DT Star Touleleu and a 2017 4th round draft pick. Talib was aquired with the goal of replacing departed star CB Josh Norman and to sure up the Panthers Secondary. It came with a price though as the Panthers sent DT Star Touleleu and a 4th round pick in the 2017 draft. "When I got the call that I was going to Carolina, I was like say what?!!" "But then I thought about it, and said you know, Cam, that defense, Josh Norman leaving....yeah they need a lock down CB and that is my game". "I can help them finish the job this year". The Panthers were aggressive and reached out to Denver to inquire about the often volatile and out spoken Talib. The Broncos wanted a younger DT in return and a draft pick sweetner to close the deal for a premier CB. Although Talib is getting up there in age he still is a top CB and the Panthers are in a win now mode. It remains to be sen if this deal helps the Panthers get that elusive Super Bowl. The Broncos in the meantime feel they will be fine without Talib and were thinking on a more long term view in grabbing a potential all-pro DT if Star continues his rapid development.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23