View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #7
CleveCluby
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Fixing game with player traits

I have pretty much done the same thing. With a couple of exceptions. If you look at QB ratings, you will see a major flaw compared to M16. For example on many QB's, There Short throw acc will be 85. Med Acc 88 and deep acc 87. In real life and in 16 the difference between the ratings should ave. 4 to 7 points between short and med and a solid 7 to 10 points or more between med and deep.. So it should look something like this. Short throw 85 med throw 80, and deep throw 70.. In Madden 17, most QB's have great ratings for deep throw; this is why the long bomb is used and so effective. I edited only the QB's that I play against, then at the end of the game return them to their original. It only takes a couple of minutes and completely changes the way they play, and fixes the high completion percentage.
QB’s will miss about half of the deep passes. In the NFL only about 30 percent of passes over 35 yds are complete.
I also change the CPU Kickers kick acc, I usually drop it 25 points from his original and set my sliders to 40. It makes a great variety of chances to miss any FG from any distance, the majority of the time they make them, even from 45 yds or better, but there is always the excitement of the possible miss.

And finally I drop the CPU punter power down 10 points, this keeps all those out of the end zone punts toned way down and gives the possibility of some nice returns. I only play POTM or CPU vs CPU.

These small simple changes makes the game so much better for my style of play. Well at least until they put out another patch then it’s back to the drawing board.

Oh and one final thing, I am tired of seeing every RB have the ability to spin like a top. I agree there should be a few, But now and then I like to see a RB just put down his head a plow forward. So if I see a power back, I reduce his spin move way down, changes how he runs. Again I only do this to teams I play. I always return them to the original state so as to not screw with the sim settings when they are playing another CPU team