View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 02:06 PM   #217
PattyIce
Rookie

PattyIce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DManChi Madden 17 Coach mode sliders

I started my CFM with some sliders that shall remain nameless. Every game resulted in unrealistically high offensive numbers, not fun. I reset after the pre season and decided to try these sliders. I looked up the playbook change idea and decided against trying it because it looked like it was meant for online play. I may revisit this.

With the tiny sample size of one half of football i have paused to gush.

My 49ers are in Denver for week 2 of the preseason. Things are different. We came out and were done in three plays ending in a Von Miller sack, fair enough. C.J Anderson and Paxton Lynch systematically tore us apart over 8 minutes culminating with an 11 yard pass to Sanders to go up 7. Anderson had over 6 YPC and Lynch was 7-8. I liked the time the drive took but was worried again about offense. We ended the quarter on a SF punt. 7-0. There was only one penalty for a face mask in the quarter.

The second Q starts and the subs are in. The Broncos commit 2 false starts in a row. We sack Siemian on the 1 and things are looking bright. On third and Texas we over commit to a blitz and Juwan Thompson burns us for 60 on a draw, beautiful. From there Denver miss a 64 yard FG. The offenses sputter a little and we trade missed FG's. They miss from 58 and we miss from 46. Just as we get some momentum a rookie WR fumbles after a beautiful 30 yard catch and run, turnover. Denver use it to convert a 52 yard FG. With 4:31 left in the half we take the ball. Early in the drive we commit 2 false start penalties. Immediately ater the second the Broncos commit back to back PI infractions to take us inside the 10. One more false start and we settle for 3. Could all of these late in the half penalties be due to fatigue?? I friggin hope so! After a 3 and out we get the ball with almost no time left and Kaep throws a pick and puts Denver in business inside our 30. They quickly get inside our 10. On a roll out Siemian is strip sacked and we return it to mid field. A hail Mary goes for an INT, Halftime.

This is obviously a lot of big things happening. Overall the game flow is sensible. The champs march down and score with ease and then the starters go out. When this happens the misplays and penalties go up. Another interesting in game fact is that Siemian seemed to build confidence as the quarter went on. He started with some erratic throws but ended up zipping it in with confidence as the game moved on. I have not experienced this previously, maybe it's all in my head lol.

I have noticed that penalties seem to duplicate. I hope this type of game flow continues. Thanks for the work!

Off to the second half...