View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 06:58 AM   #1520
FancyPantsHess
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

First of all big fan of your sliders. I love your attention to detail and willingness to evolve based on some the posts in here. I check up on the replies around here everyday and have been using some form of your sliders in my cfm since day one and keep up with the updates(I think in my current one it's been purple at 10min/20sec until blue 15/15 now). Everything has been your settings to the letter except I think I went to 15/15 literally 2 games before you did the last time. Just a little input from my perspective so far and maybe a little help from you guys.

I consider myself a good not great madden player. Always 2nd or 3rd best out of my group of friends growing up. I wouldn't say I cheese the cpu but I do choose plays like I wish they did on Sundays(1-2 qb sneaks/fb runs a game). If I can recognize a coverage I'm getting I'll try to exploit it without calling the same play more than once or twice in a half. I use suggested plays 95% of the time until I want to run a toss or zone blitz ect. I probably only audible 2 or 3 times if I recognize something obvious or if I feel like the cpu is cheesing me around the goal line. Haven't used a hot route yet and don't change much on defense unless I get a LB on a WR in man coverage. I do play as the Steelers and AB is unstoppable but I traded Big Ben and two draft picks to pick number 1 overall and get the QB I knew was going to be the best player. Also I traded pretty much anyone close to 30 years old for the highest draft picks I could squeeze and on day one the team was 82 ovr/95 off/79 def.

All this being said I went undefeated and super bowl champ in year one and am 9-0 in season 2. I did end up picking 1, 3, and 5 overall(and actually drafted the 1st 3rd and 5th best players available) which would never ever happen but I did trade good players for the picks and 3rd/5th were done at the beginning of the season not right before the draft. Ben set a new passing yards record(which I actually don't think is too far off from being possible unless you watched the bengals game this Sunday), I was number 1 against the pass, 3 against the run, 3rd in rushing but at about 3.9 ypc between my 3 RBs. I think I had 2nd most sacks and tied for around 5th in INTs. Ben fumbled 10 times to lead the league.

Most games are easy wins by the second half. Super bowl against the packers came down to a last second field goal after I was sure I was going to lose for most of the game. Games go all directions despite the fact I win. I'll be held to 6 points in the first half against the Browns but I'll also score 30 in the first half against better teams. Running the ball frustrates me to death but most games I'll average 3.5 ypc and then have 1 game where I go 16 carries for 130 yds to bring up the averages. I'll complete anywhere from 58% to 85% of my passes a game and ended the season at 72%.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give you an overview of how I play after a big sample. So while it's fun I don't want to be undefeated every year. If there's a slider I can change, time run off I can use, if I'm being too cheesy, ect I'd appreciate the help. I'll answer any questions you have if it helps. I'd be happy to stream a live game as soon as someone tells me how to do that lol.

Any reply would be appreciated and thank you for your hard work!