View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 10:58 AM   #1283
Sparky302
Rookie

Sparky302's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

A few observations from a couple of games I played last night:

First game - Eagles (me) vs. Steelers - Through a combination of sensible playcalling and luck I was able to stop the Steelers 4 times in the red zone (3FGs and an INT) from scoring TDs. Called a lot of zone, and tried to take it easy on the blitz (I call a lot of them). I actually had a balanced game, and didn't see a massive second-half shootout. Ran a kickoff back for the first time this year. Final score was 29-22.

Second game - vs. Lions - It seems like if a RB breaks one tackle they have a great chance of taking it all the way. I got lit up by Ridley for like 200 yards and 3 TDs. Held Bell in check the week before (less than 100 yards and no TDs), and then got ran over big time. Stafford only threw for like 180 yards. Another surprisingly balanced game. I saw the CPU fake a punt, which was pretty cool. Thanks to a fumble and INT they got up on me early 17-0, but I ended up making a comeback despite losing Ryan Mathews to a dislocated elbow in the 2nd quarter. 4th quarter was one of the best Madden experiences I've had in a while...I took the lead, and then Lions drove down to kick a FG to make it 35-34. I had the ball with like 40 seconds left, and ended up losing the game when I threw a hail mary into the end zone as the clock hit zero and my receiver caught it but only got one foot in bounds. I was actually emotionally invested in the game...it was awesome!

In general, I'm still not seeing enough penalties...both in number and variety. I get mostly holding and facemask calls. I haven't seen a single DPI call in the last four games. I'm getting pressure, and sacks...particularly when I user Barwin, Ingram, or Cox. I haven't seen the whole QB fumble when the arm is moving forward issue at all, and THANK YOU for that one. I'm not getting hardly any 3-and-out drives for me or the CPU, or punts. Seems like the deep ball is easier to connect on. I'm getting way too many passing yards per game...like 400-500. It might just be my receivers, though. No superstars, but a formidable threesome between Decker, J. Matthews, and Kevin White (I made a couple of trades). I just wish I'd get a 17-10 game from time to time, but not seeing that at all, at least not yet. But honestly, when you look at the ticker my scores don't seem too out of line with what the rest of the league is doing. Plus, I've yet to face a shut-down corner, or elite secondary.