View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #2064
FancyPantsHess
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
It's all about timing, not button mashing. If you get a good jump (press right trigger once the ball is snapped) that gives you a huge advantage to shed the block, you also need to press the button shown on top of your D lineman as soon as its shown, do not just mash buttons rapidly, that does nothing. Always hold turbo while you're trying to shed blocks.
I'm pretty good at pass rushing with a 3-4 team and have a few tips. With my DE I find if you jump the snap perfect it's better to wait until your feet are set and you have leverage to push the power move button. As an OLB it's nice when you get a good jump to when the blocking allows bend around the edge then you can push power move to counter inside or brush him off when you're in the pocket. My DT uses finesse moves and it's a guaranteed shed I just have to pick the right direction left or right. Middle linebackers I like to try to time the snap count and once or twice a game I'm coming free. Also picking the right player pre snap is important using 3-4. I can tell who's going to be single blocked on all my fronts