View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 10:40 AM   #9
Brock
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Best ps2 ncaa football title?

The other thread got locked so I couldn't quote him, but it was about using ncaa imports for other games. I recently got 05, and that game uses a different system for faces so it's excluded from this, but 06-12 should all work.

1. First you have to use the same year game at first, i.e. ncaa 06/madden 06, advance to the end the pro-bowl it'll ask you to import the draft class/advance, actually cancel it and make a save there, this will be strictly for this method.

2. Import your draft class and advance to the off-season and save there in another slot.

3. Export the franchise file to a usb or whatever you're using to export saves, and then extract it with ps2savebuilder, open it up with a hex editor and remove "02 00 00 00" at the start of it and save. Add .fra at the end of it and open it up in the NZA Madden Editor.

4. Once you're in the Madden Editor go to the draft class tab, there will be an export draft class to .mdc file. Save it anywhere to your desktop, and there you have it and exported draft class.

So in whatever game you're playing just advance past the pro-bowl into the off-season (Owner Mode), just let the game generate a class, export your franchise file as before basically do the exact same method, but instead you import the .mdc file and voila you'll have an exported class from one ncaa game into a different madden.

Before you try to use the save, you have to do everything you previously did in reverse: add "02 00 00 00" back into the file, add the save into ps2savebuilder, etc. Best if you've had prior experience with the madden pc editors, but it's not hard to learn.

Optional but I think this is really needed: Once you've opened the draft class in the editor you have the option of re-rating the class, this is extremely RECOMMENDED. It will give the rookie more realistic ratings based on their position, and it will drop overrated players 2-3 and sometimes even more overall points. Another optional thing you can do it perform a "body fix". What that will do is adjust the players body size based on height/weight/position. This is more trivial, but a cool thing provided by the editor.

Last edited by Brock; 09-30-2016 at 02:24 AM.