View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #2314
Flazko
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
I noticed that you lowered catching to 50. What was your rationale? I don't mind tho. Anything to make passing harder lol
Catching slider sometimes causes WR to shift and warp for a catch. You have to balance the interceptions slider with the WR Catching slider to get good interactions. If one is too high it'll trigger the animations to draw the other player in. It'll suck them into the animation and it'll cause the players to slide and warp into each other. It's kinda funky and also the deep ball was a little too overpowering on the all madden sets for the cpu. Sometimes players drop catches over the middle because they hear footsteps from a hard hitting safety or linebackers or lose concentration when open deep downfield and drop a catch. It adds more suspense because not everything is guaranteed. Some good WRs drops some at times, that's when ratings should come into affect. I look at the WR catching slider like this... The slider goes from 0-100. At 50 it's pretty much means the WR has a 50% chance to make the catch. All sliders are is dice rolls, it's a % chance the player has at either catching or tackling or whatever the slider is. Sliders also have some other effects, like they trigger other sliders to perform certain ways, they can cause sliding/shifting , suction and warping if not tuned correctly.