Old 10-02-2016, 11:37 PM   #24
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Yeah that's a bug bear of mine with the tool at the moment too. Top of my to do list is to make sure the tool tells you to stop scouting as soon as some of its other checks can't possibly be fulfilled E.g. the first skill input for a LT is run blocking C+, which means you can't possibly meet the criteria for at least a B on pass blocking, so the tool should tell you to stop scouting immediately. Currently it will let you spend more scouting points in the hope of finding an elusive B on pass blocking in the next two scouted skills, but this wouldn't ever happen. My original thinking was that people might not enter the scouted skills in order (i.e. the top skill - scouted skill 1) first. But I don't think that's likely to happen in retrospect. Will definitely sort this out for the next version.

Yes you can tweak the grades the tool is using to assess the prospects in the scouting requirements tab. This will work on the protected version of the tool too, but you can only change cells where there is already a value (you can't add a brand new criteria to say, for example, I want my QBs to have at least a 4.9 40 yard dash, but you can say I'm happy for my QBs to have a B+ throw power rather than A-). Some of the criteria are things like "at least one B from TRK, ELU, BCV" and you can't really tell from the sheet which cells refer to checks like that and which ones are checks in their own right. I'd advise referring to the blog post to make sure you're changing what you think you are.

But yeah, feel free to play around and let me know if you make any tweaks that prove to be more effective than my set of criteria. If my testing validates it, I'll change it for the next version of the tool!
Just read your blog and it was great. Very informative. Just wanted to give kudos bro.