View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 01:09 AM   #1543
TheWood56
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
I meant passing not total yards. I have the worst past defense and I'm giving up the most points in week 9. And I'm a veteran Madden player. Maybe it's lack of pass rush.... Who knows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
How do you play defense? When I play, I'm very much a "bend don't break" defense. On passing downs I sell out on the pass so my guys know to drop and not look out for the run. I also select to defend "over the top" at times as well as to not get beat deep (I also utilize "sticks" to defend the 1st down marker and "underneath" if the offense is dunking and dunking everything). I mostly play zone, but it really depends on your DB's strengths. If you've got good man coverage CB's, predominantly play man and mix in zone occasionally (otherwise you'll get picked apart). Likewise if you've got good zone coverage CB's. Predominantly play zone but again, you have to mix in man coverage at times otherwise you'll leak passing yards like a sieve. You really do need to mix up coverage looks and not rely on just a couple of plays. I rarely utilize heavy blitzes unless I'm predicting run (depending on down and yardage and their personnel grouping). That's another thing. If their personnel is more than 2 WR's, you probably shouldn't stay in your base. If they've got 3 WR's, call a nickel play which gives you an extra DB. If they've got 4 WR's, call a dime play which gives you another DB out there for speed and coverage. As for DB's, if your front 7 aren't getting home and pressuring the QB or sacking him, bringing a DB on the blitz can sometimes catch them off guard. It's also good to use your CB's in press coverage or off coverage or whatever (depending on their strengths and what you're trying to disrupt). Give them different looks. Show blitz when you're dropping 7-8. You can also "spotlight" receivers if someone's carving you up. I mostly control my ILB's so I've got the middle of the field and know if I have to shoot up to defend something underneath or drop deeper if someone's working the middle of the field 10+ yards deep. Hope his helps.