View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #832
villabraves
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

FIFA 17 Career Match (In Menus)_8.jpg

Here are the stats from my latest test CM with Palace. This was on WC, 15 min harves, set #2 with the latest tweaks including the acc 47/49 discrepancy.

So, first of all, the idea of giving the CPU any advantage in the speed sliders on a difficulty higher than Professional simply makes me almost frightened to even play!

By HT I was justified in my fear. Leicester scored after 16 mins and again right on the stroke of HT after they put me under severe pressure for the last 15 mins of the half. Most of their shots from the stats above came in the first half and it was noticeable they had the higher acceleration. I did create a few chances and could have been level before Vardy scored in the 45th min. At half time I changed formation from the 4-5-1 Palace default to the 4-4-2 where one player sits just behind the center forward. I was expecting Leicester to come at me to start with to try and finish me off with a third goal. Instead, I started to get the upper hand and noticed that Zaha and Townsend were starting to get the better of the Leicester FB's. I had 3-4 chances but hadn't taken any by the 64th min so I changed my game plan to attacking. Well, I could not believe what happened next. I scored on 66 and 68 to level it up at 2-2. Again I thought to myself this is where Leicester will get a second wind and start to overpower me again. It did not happen and Zaha breezed past the FB (not using sprint btw) and crossed for Benteke to head us into the lead on about 76. Again I was expecting the kitchen sink to come my way but I scored again on 82! Then finally it was like the Alamo, all of a sudden Vardy and Co got their second wind and I was under the cosh for the last 8 mins with Vardy scoring on 88. I managed to hold on but felt some satisfaction that I had actually beaten them with the acceleration in their favour.

I will try it again in my next games and also in my Sheffield Utd test CM to see how it plays in a lower league. The passing, speed of the game felt good. The CPU gave the ball away again on occasions in key areas but fouls and offsides still seem off. I had plenty of controller vibration on some tackles with my players staying down but nothing given.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this years game.

Note to EA: Don't patch the crap out of this and spoil our fun!!!