View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 10:29 PM   #574
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Just a few tidbits that I've notice as I finally started playing my CFM's:

-As has already kind of been stated end of season awards give big boosts to younger players. Not so much so for veterans. Also it seems that being a Pro Bowler gives you more XP the individual awards which is sort of odd but oh well. In my Saints CFM my rookie WR made the Pro Bowl and won ORoY. He got something like 31,350 for making the Pro Bowl. Now I was testing something and changed his age to 20 (to see if XP cost less the lower the age went) and forgot to change it back so I'm sure that could have made it higher then it should have (he was originally 22). But he only got 9,032 for winning ORoY. In contrast, Brandon Cooks (24 in his 3rd year) made the Pro Bowl and only got I believe in the 9,000 range. But ya awards and pro bowls are very influential.

-I'm in year 3 of my Saints CFM and I haven't been able to make my team a juggernaut yet (not even close actually). I haven't made the playoffs and have finished 8-8 and 7-9 respectively.

-The only stud drafted guy I've had so far is the Rookie WR I told you about who is currently a 92 OVR starting his 2nd year. He was 80 OVR when drafted. Pretty big increase but it is what it is. Every other young player I have is still around the same of just slightly better.

-As said in the OP under my guidelines these XP Sliders are very much for the sim crowd. If you are a record breaker or a stats beast you will become overpowered as the human player. But if you are a sim player these things work as advertised and play exceptionally well.