View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
SirGaryColeman
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does keeping everything about 2k a secret create possible unfair advantage 4 Pro-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
It's a bit shady for sure.

Nobody will make any noise about it though.

There are plently of E-Sports scandals out here if you pay attention.
There was one big one recently about Star Craft (8 people got arrested).

eSports being so new, its better to be safe about it and be fully transparent.

I'm not saying they'd even be doing it intentionally, but there should be no potential for getting in trouble. Imagine if we find out that the winners of $250,000 are getting special info that nobody else gets?

2k16 already had a scandal that nobody cared about: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...mpion-crowned/:
Quote:
As soon as the clock had expired in the fourth, the clearly frustrated team members of GFG began complaining about the controllers used in the match. I approached them once the cameras had stopped rolling and found out that the game had been played on PS4, but that GFG were used to playing on Xbox One—the system they rode to the championship. One member in particular, his handle being “DRAKE GRIFFLN”, said that his team was “blindsided” by the system choice and that he and his team “…didn’t find out until we got here about the controllers.”
I think they could probably make a case that they were screwed out of money... when money is on the line, you gotta be 100% legit.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 10-06-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove